Friday, 28 May 2010

Just Magnolia – Hot and Spicy

The challenge this week on Just Magnolia is a theme for a change – Hot and Spicy.  This can be interpreted any way you like.  You can go with Hot as in summer, weather, colours, holidays or Spicy as in colours, heat, colours or both – it’s up to you.

I could not get my brain around the spicy bit so took the easy Hot option and went for summer.  Who doesn’t like strawberry picking in the summer lol.

magnolia-tilda-hot-spicy

I think this little Tilda is from last year’s summer kit.  I’ve coloured her with distress inks only for a change, not a spot of Twinks in sight. I’ve stamped the image with Versafine Black ink onto Fabriano Classico 5 Fat Pad hot pressed watercolour paper.

magnolia-tilda-hot-spicy1

The papers are old and discontinued Cosmo Cricket papers (the best they made IMO).  I have smeared Picket Fence Distress crackle paint around the edges of the paper (saved sewing them lol).  The flowers and heart pin are all from Wild Orchid Crafts and I have used 15mm roses, 20mm roses and a 35mm wild rose.   The gorge gingham ribbon is from the Craft Fairy.  All the punches are Martha Stewart punches, the Monarch Butterfly is on sale at Dies to Die For, the border punch is the Floral Vine deep edger punch and I can’t remember the name of the leaf punch – it’s an age thing you know.

Talking about age ….. I went to the hairdressers for a mop crop a few weeks back and she said she loves the colour of my hair.  I told her I was thinking of going back to my natural dull brown colour cos I was fed up with root regrowth.  Know what the she said???  She said my “natural” colour is now grey as I’m more the 60% grey!!!  Well my gob was well smacked!!!  Natural colour grey indeed.  Not a chance so back to the blonde I go rofl.

I’ll be back later with the Simon Says Stamp weekly Magnolia candy and tomorrow with a link to a FAB digi image that Whiff of Joy will be giving away so keep yer eyes peeled lol.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by,

 

41 comments:

  1. Hi Bev,beautiful colour choice,your card is gorgeous.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bev , I love your card,beautiful in many ways.

    gr Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely Bev Im a strawberry nut I have them every day... I love your choice of papers and flowers just right. Have a good weekend.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Bev. Love this little tilda with her basket of strawberries. Fabby papers. You and me both on the 'now' natural hair colour. Deflating isn't it.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Bev, very beautiful.
    Hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful card Bev,i love your image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this colour mix, Bev and isn't it great to have the English strawberries now? Yumyum!(for both the card and the strawberries!!)
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours Bev. Love Tilda in her pinky reds. Love the effect you've got with the crackle glaze/paint whatsit...

    Nothing wrong with being grey - shows a sign of wisdom. Or so I tells me Mam and she believes it... however, she still dyes her hair too!

    Hugs

    Kimmi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!!!!
    Love your card!!!!! The colours are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Bev and a stunning floral display. Your papers and colour combo are fab.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi bev love your card, love the summer colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! She's adorable,love the colors and paper you've chosen!
    Your cards are amazing Deb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squirrel, congratulations for winning this great candy... lucky you! :))
    Bev you card is great!! I always like cards including the color red and strawberries give me a happy feeling! ;)
    hugs, jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bev,

    I love the border punch you've used. The papers and flowers are gorgeous too.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Bev! Love the floral accents, they're gorgeous! Pretty papers and such sweet image too. Has a great country feel too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow!
    Such a beautiful card Bev!
    So loving that paper it is delish and your details are gorgeous!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous summery creation, love all the different punches used, have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Bev stunning creation love the colour combo works so well with the image.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Bev - thsi is gorgeous. Love the colour theme, embellishments, everything. Wish I could get my hair on images looking anything like as good as yours.

    I am also on 'natural' hair, but frequent visits to the hairdresser soon cures that! Heehee ...

    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. rofl @ your 60% grey.... bless!

    loving your card babe, those strawberries look good enough to eat...

    big hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Bev~~I love strawberries and strawberry pickin!! Great Hot Card Dear!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Bev~~I love strawberries and strawberry pickin!! Great Hot Card Dear!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute, Bev! I love that color combo, the papers, and all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card Bev i love your image and the colours.and the papers are great
    Hugs Tineke

    ReplyDelete
  25. lovely card Bev, and good choice of Tilda, she is one of my favorites. Love the flowers.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Bev, this is stunning, the colours youve used are fabulous and HOT, love it, with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Bev what a gorgeous card love it hugs Toni

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is gorgeous - i have my card ready for this challenge will upload it in a bit I love these magnolia stamps I don't have many but cant wait to get some more

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Bev! Your card is just gorgeous as always! The colours are beautiful and the image is so sweet,
    We Love your work!
    Have a great weekend
    Love and hugs
    Emma and Susan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooooh such a yummy card Bev, really fancy some strawberries now! Sweet Tilda and adore the colour combo, beautiful flowers too.
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Bev, Gorgeous card! I love the colour combo and such a sweet Tilda image.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card Bev!
    Hugs
    Cordine

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card Bev,
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  34. On my goodness, this is fabulous! The colors are wonderful together! (I am terrible with colors, and am always so thrilled to see different combinations to try out!) Thanks so much for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh what a fab image and the papers are lush. Oh grey dont tell me about it didnt have a grey hair till i was 40 and gosh how they come thick and fast then.

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh Bev, you are amazing.
    Love it ... as usual!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow Bev!! Gorgeous color scheme!! Love it :)
    Hugs x
    Darcie

    ReplyDelete
  38. WOW,,, she is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love this card Bev
    hugs Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely card Bev, I like this color conbination. The flowers look amazing and your coloring too.
    Hugs
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails