Monday, 1 March 2010

Lili of the Valley sneak peek and how I resize digi papers

I have another sneak peak from  Lili of the Valley.  I am so in love with these stamps – how CUTE is this cat!!  The new release goes on sale on the 10th March and going on previous releases they are going to be a huge hit.

lotv-cat-with-flowers
I have used the sooo yummy Nitwits Buds and Blossoms digi kit – they are amazing.  Yes I am gushing but honest, of all the digi kits I have Nitwits are by far the best out there.  The flowers are all Wild Orchid Crafts (the little white bobbly stamens are from my local craft shop) and the cute charm was a RAK.  The image has been coloured with Copics with the usual Stickles applied to the flowers.

lotv-cat-with-flowers1

I’ve had quite a few emails asking if printing digi papers uses loads of ink.  I think it’s down to your printer and how you print your papers.  I have an HP that recycles ink, but even so I don’t print to “Best” or photo quality, I use the “fast normal” option and still get amazing quality printed papers.  I also save ink by resizing the papers and printing exactly what I need and no more.  I use Crafters Companion Decoupage paper to print my digi papers on to, it’s a heavyweight paper and gives fabulous results.

So firstly, I decide on the layout/sketch I want to use then chose the papers I want to print.  For the card above I needed the plaid sheet to be 14.5 x 14.5 cm so resized the original down to these measurements in Photoshop.  Any photo-imaging program should do this.

eg1

The flower layer had to be smaller so again I resized this down to 14.5 x 14.5 then using the crop tool cropped the paper down to the size I needed.  By resizing your papers all to the same size you keep the uniformity of the patterns.  So even if you only need a 5 cm x 5 cm piece, resize down to 14.5 x 14.5 (or whatever size you work with) then CROP down to the size you require.

eg2

Then open up a new document (I work with A4) and set your resolution to 300. Copy and paste both the digi papers that you have resized and move around on the page to get them to fit.

eg3

The more layers you intend to use on your card the more you will have to move/rotate on the A4 page to get them to fit.

Hope this helps.


Thanks for stopping by,

51 comments:

  1. oh wow fantastic, how pretty is this card, love the new image, adorable, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev,gorgeous and thanks for the tutral,that will help a lot.
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Bev the card is so beautiful and the stamp is gorgeous I love that cutie XXX Cora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Bev, love that sweet puddy cat.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tutorial and great tips - I always shy away from digi papers as I don't think the quality it great - but your tips have made me think again ( and maybe our printer is a bit ancient too!!). Thanks Bev - and another awesome card! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most keep in my mind where I saw this tutorial, thank you, Bev!!

    Sweet card, cute LotV image, just looooove cats, in all sizes and shapes, LOL.

    Hugs Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. hoi Bev,
    what a cute card
    love the colors and the image . love the flowers
    the whole card is fab
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bev. Just had to stop by and say how beautiful your cards are. I had no idea yesterday when I was on the Hobby House stand that you were the one who had done the stunning cards so please forgive me for not praising you in person! The display of cards was absolutely fantastic and you are one VERY talented lady!!!

    Kay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute and beautiful card Bev!

    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty card, I love your colours
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute.
    I like the colors you've used.

    x Esther

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never used my photoshop suite to resize but will try now as it is so easy,
    thanks for the tips
    lol Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous card Bev and I so love that image. Those papers are so pretty, I haven't used any digi papers as yet but I keep looking at them so having read your tutorial I think I'll give them a go. Have a great day, take care Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Bev,
    Beautiful card as usual. I love the pinks and the flowers are fabulous. What a sweet image this is. Thanks for the tutorial.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and I so love these new image sneek peeks. Thanks for the info on printing digi papers. Most helpful.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card Bev ,The colors and the paper are great, and the image...always..cute.
    Hugs Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is sooooo pretty Bev, love the papers and that cat is super cute xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. just beautiful bev ~ adorable image and so very pretty!!
    resize paper.. don`t talk to me about computers!!(had enough this weekend)
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful card Bev - thanks for the tuts - you can never have enough papers so to have it on tap like that is fab !

    love maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bev, thanks for the great tutorial. I always wonder what kind of paper I should be using for my digi.
    That is a super cute card btw and the kitty is precious!!!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you! This blog post will be advertised on CraftCrave in the Tutorials category today (look for timestamp: [01 Mar 01:00pm GMT]).

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely card, thanks for sharing !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute image and lovely card Bev like the added flowers and charm.
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Bev, a really gorgeous card. I'm saving my pennies for the 10th cos I know how persuasive you are!!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Bev, I use Nitwit papers all the time and I so agree with you they are really pretty and useful.
    I use my Adobe Photoshop album starter for my printing and it actually gives me an option of printing just the size I want by putting in the measurements.
    I love your gorgeous card and such a beautiful stamp, Im so looking forward to the new designs. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful! I had never even heard of nitwit papers before! What a name...heehee! Suits my personality, perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card Bev! That kitty sure is cute! I love the papers and flowers too - a pretty spring card!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card! I love the glitter on the flowers. Great image!!
    *smiles*
    debbi

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Thanks, Thanks for this tutorial. I have bought Nitwit papers, but still did't print any .
    About the card it's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is stunning honey, love the colours yo have chosen for the cute kittie....

    I waste far to much paper so this tut will come in usefull, big hugs pOps x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow Such a beautiful card Bev with lovely detail and the papers and colouring are gorgeous.
    I love this card.

    Hugs Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a beautiful card Bev. Loving your previews of the new Lilli of the Valley images. Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  33. This card is just adorable, such a darling little image, love the paper.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  34. An exquisite card , love the colours and the flowers. Great tutorial
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card Bev,
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your card is so pretty love the image and nice colors
    Tineke

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a lovely card Bev, so sweet and wonderful!
    Hugs Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  38. Soooooooo beautiful Bev!!
    xAndrea

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card!

    Hugs,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  40. I agree.. these new stamps are adorable!! I love the colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow again - the colouring is beautiful. I so love these images, and this is gorgeous. Can't wait for them to be released.
    Hugs
    Valx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous Bev, those papers are wonderful! Super cute image too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I can't wait to get my hands on these new LOTV stamps!(they just keep getting cuter, right?!!)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great card as always Bev. Thanks for the tutorial on digi papers, I've never used any but think I'll check it out since you've shown us how to use them.
    "Hugs" Granny

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is such a cute and sweet card! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fab card hun & a great tut. xx Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  47. hello Bev,


    first of all i want to compliment you with the great cards you make wauw there so wonderfull!!

    could you tel me please where you buy your digi patern paper from??
    i really love it but i never can find any nice ones

    thanx for answering me
    and greetings from holland
    XOXO petra

    ReplyDelete
  48. ,gorgeous and thanks for the tutral,that will help a lot.
    work at home in india

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails