Sunday, 28 December 2008

Whiff of Joy sneak peek - new release out 3rd January and another Ismaki card

Here's the first card I've made with the new release that's out on 3rd January - these stamps are by Alison Acton and once again are fabulous and fun!! There is a release party on the 3rd of January on the Whiff of Joy group on Papercraft Planet, hope to see you all there.

The sentiments that go with this release are fabulous, although due to the holidays the mail has been delayed and I am still awaiting the sentiment stamps but Katharina kindly let us have a sneak peek, so had to settle with using a SU sentiment instead.


I've followed this weeks Mojo Monday sketch, another FAB sketch by Julee - love love love her sketches especially when the sketch calls for some white to show. I think it gives such a fresh look to the finished card. This card also qualifies for the Secret Crafter challenge which is paper piecing. I've stamped the balloons twice and raised them on sticky foam to 3d them.


I've carried the theme through to the inside of the card, even managed to use the aqua off-cut nestie to stamp the sentment on.


The last bit of DP I used on the back to finish the card off.


Recipe:
The donkey image is by Whiff of Joy (released on 3rd Jan) which I have coloured with Prismacolors and H2O's
Sentiment (front) is Stampin Up, inside is Elzybells
Paper is Basic Grey Urban Prairie 6 x 6 pad
Scallop border punch is by Stampin Up
The flowers are K&Co that my fab friend Karen gave me for Crimbo xxx


I've started making two cards together using the same papers, layout and embellies and changing the image, this way I'm getting an awful lot more done. So when I did the Birdies card I did this one at the same time, and used a Magnolia image which I cut out and raised on sticky foam. When I first saw the Ismaki sketch I balked a bit, was so unsure how I was going to use it but must say it's a fab sketch and I know I'll use it again. (I liked it so much I did it twice lol)


The sentiments on front and inside are both See D's - I forgot I even had these and found them last night when I was huntiing for something else. You know when you buy these things then put them away for a few years .. yeah? Well that's me - I'm shocking for doing this!! I also found my Fiskars border punches that I've not used for ages and ages so had a play with this heart border punch, it's so pretty!


Thanks for looking,

42 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards Bev, the Tilda one is so pretty - and so fresh after all the Christmas cards! hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful card

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning cards Bev! Happy 2009. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to see a peak of the new WOJ!! Gorgeous colouring on the donkey!! Love the frame you have done for Tilda on your 2nd card! Your cards are beautiful and love the way you have done the insides!
    Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bev these are stunning!
    I love your images and your colouring is just supurb!
    Fabulous papers and embellishments.
    hugs
    kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! They are both gorgeous Bev!! That donkey is a hoot, I can't wait to get him! And the Tilda is so soft and pretty!! Love the way you finish the insides of your cards too!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning cards Bev! Beautifully colored. Can´t wait to see what else WOJ has up their sleeves for the new year.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are just gorgeous dear and as always gorgeous coloring dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. two gorgeous cards Bev, love the donkey with the balloons..he looks so fun. A great idea to make two cards at the same time...must take that on board.
    big hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sppp beautiful cards! I just love the colours that you're using!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the WOJ sneak peek!! These are fantastic cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Bev,all so elegantly detailed.I nearly bought that Fiskars border punch the other day,think I might now,lol!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. two stunning cards Bev, I love the layouts and images on both, fantastic colouring thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Bev these are stunning. I think my fave is the donkey cos that DP is out of this world, but they are both fab xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. 2 great cards, Bev. Just love that little donkey and the DP you've paired it with is gorg-e-o-us. Love the Tilda card too, colours are so pretty.

    Alice (beemer)

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous cards and I love the new WOJ stamp........very cute :)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, love the images and the colouring! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  18. What cute little cards! Love all your fabulous embellishments. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous cards hun - and what a fab idea about making 2 at the same time ... you little genius!!!!! You just know I am going to pinch that idea!!! Hope you and your family had a fabby christmas. I am starting to save up now for the Harrogate craft show ... hope to arrange a chance to catch up in the flesh hun
    Take care and chat soon
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two FABULOUS cards here hun I love them both. Great idea doing 2 cards with the same products just changing the image =) Looking forward to seeing the rest of the WOJ release xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. That donkey is too cute! Great cards! Sorry I haven't commented in a while...Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both cards are beautiful Bev! I like how you used the same card and switched the image! That is such a GREAT idea to get more than one card done fast! I am going to have to start doing that! :) LOVE the basic grey paper you used...and I can't wait to see all the NEW WOJs! Great work!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cards and what a cute new image from WOJ!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Bev what gorgeous cards! and Thanks for sharing the Sneak Peak, that little party donkey is SOOOO CUTE!!! You did fabulous job with it.
    and the Tilda card, it is just beautiful! You are so talented!
    hugs
    Lynda =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful cards Bev. I love the way you've carried the theme throughout the card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow you have been busy! Both are adorable, I love the bright colours on the first one!

    Mrs W x

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW fabulous cards, love the Tilda one its so pretty and the new stamps look fab too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh just fabulous !!! Lovely colours !!! I'm fan !!!
    Happy New Year Bev !!!!
    Hugs coco

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cards!! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, wow, wow Bev, how great to see you back with so many gorgeous creations!! I just adore that basic grey paper pack, its so bright and cheerful and you have used it to perfection as always!! The new whiff of joy stamps look fab as expected, so much for my planned new years resolution, not to buy anymore stamps. Maybe if i could pre-order now i wont be breaking the resolution, what do you think? All 3 cards are stunning as always. I love visiting your blog, thank you for sharing your work with us, i look forward to plenty more visits in 2009. Hugs lInda x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Wow Hun these are awesome, so nice not to see Chrissie CARDS, The Domkey is so cute an love the layout of both fabulous embellies as USUAL!!!!!!!!
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are both stunning - the tilda one is so pretty and i am totally loving the sneak peeks of the WOJ party animals!
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the sneak peek of WOJ Party animal. Way too cute. Love Tilda. I think she will always be one of my favorites. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  34. fantastic cards...love the new woj donkey so cheeky looking and the Tilda from the pink range which is one olf my fav ranges is coloured beautifully and such stunning papers too...love them both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those are absolutely awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ah I love this card Bev. I like the colours and the stamp.Hugs Karenc

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card Bev and beautifully paper-pieced. Thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful card. Great colouring as always.

    Hugs Vanja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails