Monday, 22 December 2008

Friday Sketchers and some Whiff of Joy news

Firstly I hope you have all been entering the Whiff of Joy daily advent candy - Katharina has been giving away the most amazing candy so pop across now to the blog and enter, it's almost over/

Also some NEWS!!! I spied on Katharina's blog that there is going to be a Whiff of Joy /Elisabeth Bell club kit which is going to be released soon and pre-orders will be taken in the new year. I adore Elisabeth's work so can't wait for this kit - ooooh my mouth is watering at the thought lol. So keep an eye on Katharina's blog and also the shop for updates. Better still, if you have not subscribed to Katharina's blog for updates pop across now so you can be sure to know when pre-orders will be taken.

The last bit of Whiff of Joy news .... the postage charges for European desitnations has been frozen at 1,50 Euros on a continuing basis for all orders inside Europe, AND starting from today flatrate shipping to ALL international destinations at a rate of 2,90 Euros (approx. 4 USD) no matter how heavy your package might be. So you can spend your extra pennies on even more stamps lol.

Now to my cards - I've two today seeing as I have not posted for ages. The first card is for this weeks Friday Sketchers and it's another brilliant sketch by the very clever Jacqueline.

I've used Teacher Anya from Pink Poison and have coloured her with distress inks and H2O's. The papers are Making Memories Noteworthy and that gorgeous ribbon is from Rach - thanks sweetie, I absolutely love it!! xxx

I'm well into this decorating the inside milarkey lol. The Happy Birthday stamp is also from Pink Poison, from the Cupcakes set. The border punch is from Martha Stewart.


I more or less carried the theme through to the back of the card, using the stamp from Ebay, the supplier kindly shared by Rach. I've had so many emails asking where I got it from so here's the link to the Ebay Shop.


I got carried away playing with my Pink Poison stamps and needed a last minute card (there's always one you need just when you think you're done!!). I used Anna Griffin paper, punched a red border strip with a Martha Stewart punch then stamped out the poinsettia from the Xmas Birds set (LOVE this set) and heat embossed with Moonglow embossing powder in red and again in green. Cut the flowers out and layered, I used Beadazzled beads for the centres of the flowers. Punched out some leaves with a Punch Bunch fern leaf punch and assembled in a circle. A little bow on the top and a few gold bells dotted in for a splash of colour and job done. A really quick and easy card. Love the poinsettias, the images are so detailed, even with heat embossing. The sentiment is by HOTP.


Thanks for looking,

47 comments:

  1. Your FS card is just so darn cute, Bev! The second one is so beautiful and elegant...love them both to bits!!
    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2009!!! Thanks for all the inspiration, for sharing your stunning creations and creativity this past year with us!!!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Bev, You are on a roll. I think my mojo has gone or either it is frozen up completely. It below zero here and I'm freezing my bum off. LOL

    Your cards are lovely. Love the poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL cards Bev! I love all of your work...it's always fabulous! CONGRATS on being GD for Pink Poison...I just found their stamps and love them!!! The Anya ones are so adorable!!! Have added a bunch of them to my wish list! hee hee! I can't wait for the Elisbeth/Katharina kit too!!!! Woo-Hoo...sounds fab! Wishing you and your family a wonderful holidays!
    Luv~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both simply stunning, thank you for the link for the stamp. I am off to get myself one!

    Mrs W x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Bev! Gorgeous colours, I especially love the first card. The image is so cute!
    Have a great christmas!
    Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow bev ~what amazing cards again ~so beautifully coloured and made ~with so much detail
    hope you have a wonderful christmas
    vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning hun, 2 beautiful cards. I may have to follow on from yours and Rach's examples and start doing the insides of my cards - they look fabulous. Have a brilliant christmas Bev
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh Bev,
    they are gorgeous

    hugs Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Bev,luv the Anya stamps!!! :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow bev this is gourgous im sure the recipiant will be thrilled with it x mandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic cards, love the one using the sketch but I love the classic wreath its so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Gorgeous cards Bev! Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning cards Bev! I love how you decorated the inside and those Pink Poison stamps are lovely. Brilliant work on the poinsettia card, love all the decoupage and wonderful colour scheme. Hope you have a lovely Christmas Bev and happy new year too. Hugs, Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh WOW Bev, these are gorgeous. I love the image on the first one it's soo cute and once again the colouring is beautiful. I lurrrve the papers also and that ribbon is gorgeous. Hope you and your family have a wonderful christmas and a fantastic new year. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow stunning cards. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards as always Bev, love all of the fab detailing inside the card.
    I wish you and your family a really Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two stunning cards again, Bev :0)
    I sure wish I had the time to craft, I am getting withdrawal lol.
    Have a wonderful xmas dear blogging friend and all the best for 2009!
    **Hugs** Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving the pink poison card! Great colour scheme and I love our mesh ribbon. it llokks great. I am very excited about the WOJ kit!! Woohoo!
    Have a great Christmas!! Love judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy to read you loved my sketch!! Think your card turned out wunderful, love the colors and your colouring! The two flowers added are just right! Also love the inside and backside, just that little extra... Your other cards is great too, just the perfect christmas colors! Thanks for joining FS in this busy time. Have a merry christmas and a happy, healthy and creative 2009!! Love from Holland,
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh Bev what a lovely cards. The Christmas one is so adorable. Hope you have a lovely Chrismas. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW these are both gorgeous hun, love them both

    lotsalove

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh these are so fun! I really love your poinsettia wreath! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous, stunning, simply beautiful cards! I Love your creations.

    xx Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! Both of these cards are Absolutely Gorgeous Bev!! I love the papers and the Super Cute image in the top one...and the bottom one is just so Beautiful and Elegant!!..I hope you and yours have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!...Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just love both cards, Bev and the poinsettias are painted to perfection - a very elegant card indeed. Merry Christmas, again :)
    Alice (beemer)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great cards Bev, I love the way you carry the theme right through all the card surfaces. Love all the different layers and textures on the first card.
    Sending you Christmas wishes.
    Hugs
    Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh these are just gorgeous dear. I so love your embellishments dear you are just so talented and love visiting your blog when I get on.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous cards Bev. I love that image on the first one! SIGH! My wishlist is growing so long!
    I want to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2009! It has been a real pleasure getting to know you! Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm lovin the red and turquoise together. I've never heard of Pink Poison but I'm going to check it out now. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. A beautiful FS card,love the colors and waht a sweet image.
    a wish you a wonderful christmas .
    big hugs from Holland,Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful cards Bev. I love the Teacher one especially. Don't think the kiddies need afraid of this Teacher ... she seems quite friendly. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh wow these are just stunning Bev!

    I love them both you colouring and choice of papers and design is just brilliant!

    hugs
    kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, fabulous cards! I love them all!
    Wish you a Merry Christmas and a creative New Year!
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both stunning cards Bev, the poinsettia wreath is beautiful :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Stunning cards Bev and very exciting news about Whiff of Joy! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Hugs Lynsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely gorgeous Bev. Marvellous last minute card it would have taken me all week to think that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  37. `stunning` Bev..
    `Merry Christmas`.."Enjoy":)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely cards as always Bev.. I came here to wish you all the joy , peace and good health for you and your loved ones this Season, and the coming year. I hope that we'll continue to share our love for creating next year as well :)
    Thanks for your gift of friendship, and sharing your talent. Blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous card! I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Hugs, Moni

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow Bev, another load of beauties. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and best wishes for 2009. Keep on blogging, you're an inspiration my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Bev just looking at your cards wow they are lovely. Weeljust lie to wish you a merry Christmas and new year. I have left a pressie on my blog for you although you may already have it.

    Love & hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Bev....two gorgeous cards,love them both.
    Great WOJ news,something to look forward to in the new year.

    Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas and plenty of crafty goodies...
    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Amazing cards Bev...just love your FS card :-) Thanks for joining us again.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and all good wishes to you for 2009.
    Thanks for all your kind comments.
    Hugs
    Carole :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. MERRY CHRISTMAS Bev and many warm holiday blessings to you and your family.

    God Bless~

    ReplyDelete
  45. lovely cards , they re both just sooo cute :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails