Sunday, 30 November 2008

Magnolia vs Stampavie challenge

It's another fab sketch this week - I do love working to sketches, I think it's my very favourite kind of challenge. I love seeing how each card made for the challenge is so different from the next. For example MichelleO and I have used the same stamp for this weeks challenge yet both cards are totally different. Both of us have flipped the sketch, but each in a different way!!

Apologies for the bad pic, I hate these dark days!! The flowers are the same colour as the pomegranate colour of the paper (I coloured the flowers with Purely Pomegranate ink) yet they look tomato red in the pic argh!!

I went with some gold mirri card to try and brighten up the card as it was so dull with the dark colours - not sure if I like it but I'm calling this one done now.

The Sarah Kay image which I got from Sparklybits has been coloured with the usual distress inks/H2O's. It's a fab image to colour - really quick and easy to do.
The papers are Anna Griffin. I didn't have a narrow enough ribbon for the top of the card to break up the red so used the ribbon pattern off the paper and made a paper bow.
The sentiment is a Sizzlets die

I have also received two awards today, this one from Tanya, Joane and Suze - thanks for thinking of me sweeties xx

And this one from Moni - thanks so much for the award hunny xxx


I would love to pass these on individually but am so snowed under with work just now so if you're reading this and don't have either of these awards please help yourself lol.


Thanks for looking,

32 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, Fantastic card. I love the stamped image you have used and the flowers are so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh Bev this is beautiful I love the image and those gorgeous gorgeous flowers wonderful as always hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is lovely Bev i always adore this week X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Bev, love the image.
    Well done on the awards, I also have something for you over on my blog. Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Bev
    I love the card and your awards take some me time out and relax before xmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card Bev. Love the colours you've used. Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Bev and thanks for the awards, lol! ;-)
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bev this is gorgeous!
    I love those little choir boys you have coloured them beautifully.
    Your papers are scrummy and love your gold card make's it look so rich.

    Your ribbon and flowers add such a perfect finish.

    hugs
    kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card again Bev,love the image and coloured beautifully as always,clever you with the paper border and bow...brilliant,
    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I love that image! And your say no to word verification button made me giggle. :) hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful card bev. looks so rich with the gold hun. wonderful. congrats on your wonderful awards. they are so well deserving. hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous card Bev. Have sent you an email about PB vintage little girls stamp (ou siad you liked it when commenting on 1 of the PBSC cards)
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Bev, the image is just adorable and all the flower look gorgeous, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and congratulations on your awards.
    x Natasha x

    ReplyDelete
  15. bey... your card is so lovely... beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, Bev, I think it's just divine, the dark colours lifted with the gold are so rich and just right for this time of year -and I just love those little flowers. It's such a cute stamp too, your colouring is impeccable as usual.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous creation. Love it and congratulations on your well deserved awards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, this is sooo cute, Bev!! The image is adorable, and coloured beautifully - as always!!

    I hope you've enjoyed your weekend!
    Hugs, Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha, late last night I gave the same butterfly award to you on my blog! You must be doing something right!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is just beautiful dear. Love the coloring as always dear so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a fantastic card!!! I saw it over at M vs. S and was amazed. The gold paper is fantastic!!!

    Congrats on your awards, you certainly deserve them!!!

    Smiles,

    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a lovely Xmas card Bev. The choir of boys are so cute. I like the flap you've created at the top of the card, it creates the illusion of an envelope. Congrats on receiving the well deserved awards. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Bev. I love the little choir boys and your flowers! The traditional colours are fab!
    Hugs, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Bev and Congrats on the awards. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card, love the christmas colours and the cute choir.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You don't like this? It's beautiful.
    Love the paper ribbon and bow idea, the image is too sweet, and those papers are stunning.
    Great sketch, What's not to love.

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOW...Bev, your card is Fantastic!!!!
    I love your colours and details.
    You have make a great card, my friend.
    Hugs, Mumur

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so beautiful! I love the flowers and the sentiment! x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh this is so festive and warm Bev.
    Lovely colours but I know what you mean about the dark nights it is so difficult to capture the 'real' card!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  30. you can always get away with gold mirri card at Christmas! it does brighten up the card and those little choir boys are darling. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is a fabulous card Bev, such a sweet image! I do like the gold frame around your nesties and the flowers and papers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails