Saturday, 30 August 2008

Whiff of Joy - Sketches by {Tamara} and a little toot lol

Last month Tamara off Sketches by {Tamara} asked me if I would like to be a Guest Designer for her challenge blog. Umm it took me all of 5 seconds to say yes please lol. If you've not tried one of Tamara's sketches pop over and take a look.

I chose her Sketch #3 - an oldie but a goodie. Tamara's sketches are fab, they are clean and simple and let the stamp do the talking so when I started designing a card, I knew that the whopper of a stamp Charlotte and Sledge would be perfect for the card. It's the perfect size for a 7 x 5 card and looks good on an A5 card as well. I didn't think the card needed too many embellies (what!!! you say - she's eased up on the embellies, she must be poorly or mad!) but I think less is more with this stamp. Don't you just love that reindeer's cute little face!



I coloured Charlotte and Sledge from Whiff of Joy with distress inks and twinkling H2O's.
The sentiment is from Elzybells stamps (I love her sentiment stamps)
Paper is HOTP (from a QVC kit) as are the believe and joy stamps
The tiny tags are Sizzix Gelly-O bookrings die
The snowflakes are a Woodware punch
I think the ribbon is SU but can't remember, sorry (it's my age you know lol)



Thanks for looking,

27 comments:

  1. Wow Bev you have done that beautiful stamp justice, it looks fantastic coloured up. Love this card so nice to see something different from a 6 x 6, That reindeer has got the cutest face, I adore him.
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another triumph then Bev! This card looks FAB and I agree about the reindeer's expression, so sweet. Congrats on being GD (I am too this week on Rainbow Lady's Challenge, please take a look if you have time)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Bev, your colouring is fabulous, Love the different sized card, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bev congrats on being designer I just love what you have done with this image, just perfect. Love the little tags too.
    I have left something on my blog but see you have it already, we all love you see.
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Bev xxxx Bet they are thrilled to have you cos your stuff is fab xxx. This is a gorgeous card - beautifully coloured as well. I love it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection! I am in awe! Higs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Bev! I think the reindeer stamps are my faves out of the gorgeous Whiff of Joy range. You've coloured it perfectly and I agree that the image says it all even though I love all the embellies you usually have on your cards! Less is definitely more on this one. The background paper is great too. Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bev
    you are right the riendeer has such a cute face, You have done a briliant job onhte card and I love the sketch,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just the cutest reindeer. You have done a fab card with a great stamp Bev.luv karenc

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply gorgeous Bev!! Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve NEXT!! *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fantastic card. The colours and the image just shouts "Merry Christmas". They look as is they are having the time of their lives.

    Hugs, Mette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Bev this Is Gorgeous Your colouring is beautiful. Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely fantastic card hun well done xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card as usual and a very friendly reindeer. Warm regards

    ReplyDelete
  15. your coloring is amazing and I love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just beautiful dear. I so love your coloring and the stamps you used are just so cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful, great image. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Bev! What a whopper! No wonder you've run out of EZ Mount lol!! Beautiful as always! I agree, it's enough without too many embellishments, especially when it's coloured so beautifully!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGosh I have just seen this through Tamara's email!! WTG Bev, I am so pleased for you and the card is delightful!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on being the Guest Designeer over at Sketches!! You make fabulous cards!! They are so amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bev this is gorgeous...I'm not sure how i missed this one...Your colouring and layout is out of this world. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful card Bev, I love your colouring!
    Hugs
    Carole ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this card!! I'm a big reindeer lover.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bev, your Charlotte is adorable! Awesome coloring and I love the papers! Wonderful!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous card Bev I really like the layout on this and all those gorgeous snowflakes Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely card Bev, I just love this stamp!!Your coloring is beautifull!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is sooooo cute, what a gorgeous christmas card, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails